Ecolabelling Denmark has been appointed by the Danish Ministry of Environment to manage the official environmental labels in Denmark, the Nordic Swan Ecolabel and the EU Ecolabel.
Ecolabelling Denmark's primary tasks are to:
- process applications for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel and the EU Ecolabel and certify products and services that meet the requirements.
- verify that licensees meet applicable criteria and conditions of use
- monitor and react to illegal use of the Nordic Swan Ecolabel and the EU Ecolabel.
- act as secretariat for the Danish Ecolabelling Board and implement the Board's decisions.
- assist the Danish Ecolabelling Board in the negotiation and adoption of requirements for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
- lead or participate in the work with the development and revision of requirements in Nordic or European context.
- organise hearings of stakeholders and independent experts as part of criteria development.
- market and inform about the Nordic Swan Ecolabel and the EU Ecolabel.
Read more about the Nordic Swan Ecolabel
Read more about the EU Ecolabel
Ecolabelling Denmark’s operations are funded by fees paid by licensed companies and an allocation from the Danish Finance Act. The operations are non-profit. This means that proceeds are used to manage applications and licences – and to promote ecolabelled products, thereby reducing the overall environmental impact of production and consumption.
Independent part of Danish Standards
Ecolabelling Denmark is part of the Danish Standards Foundation.